Monday, March 11, 2013

It's going to be food. Lots of food.




I've been wanting to start this for a while and, well, the paint is finally dry and I'm thrilled.

The only way this could actually be any better is if I suddenly came up with the secret to fat-free, butter-rich cake.



Nothing.






No. Nothing.

That's okay. This is still great. And that is why this is a food blog. I love food with all of it's limitations. I am obsessed with trying to recreate oldies from home while I try to play with other recipes that never made it to that kitchen. Some are fantastic. Some should never have been tried. I keep going, grocery budget be damned. The only trick is trying to get it done here.

I live in one of the most interesting cities in the world, during some of the most interesting moments in its history: Cairo. 'Interesting' is a heavy word, though, and this beautiful, tumultuous place has seen its share of downs. That still doesn't seem to slow down everyone's spirit. It's both thrilling and frustrating watching some of the most determined people try to rebuild a country that has taken a beating. Egypt is my home - and my husband's - and I can't wait to share some of what has kept us here and hoping for so long.

Also, I really just want an excuse to bake a ridiculous amount of food and show it off in our little Cairo kitchen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site theme © La Pitanga for Blogger by Miss Natureba All rights reserved